Views
Helpful
Replies

Modular IOS Upgrade Help

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We are running Advance IP services 12.2 (33)SXI IOS modularity on Sup-720 on 6500. I need to patch the IOS due to IOS vulnerability. When I look for patch, there is none for SXI. In order to upgrade to the latest SXI2a version, do I need to go thru the entire modularity install again or somehow I can patch it to SXI2a without taking down the entire box?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi KEVIN,

There is no patch for it. You have to install a new IOS. I just upgraded 60 6500 switches, because of bugs in SXI2 that would cause the switches to reboot every 2 weeks. But before you upgrade, make sure you read about this bug (CSCsv30540). This specific bug still exists in SXI2a, so I had to convince Cisco IOS BU to add a bug fix for this version before I put it on my boxes.

Good luck and let me know if you need more info

Reza

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi KEVIN,

There is no patch for it. You have to install a new IOS. I just upgraded 60 6500 switches, because of bugs in SXI2 that would cause the switches to reboot every 2 weeks. But before you upgrade, make sure you read about this bug (CSCsv30540). This specific bug still exists in SXI2a, so I had to convince Cisco IOS BU to add a bug fix for this version before I put it on my boxes.

Good luck and let me know if you need more info

Reza

wow, that's good to know. I am running SXI and it has been good for me for a year now. I think I will convince the management to delay this IOS upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: