Views
Helpful
Replies

Modular IOS Upgrade Help

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We are running Advance IP services 12.2 (33)SXI IOS modularity on Sup-720 on 6500. I need to patch the IOS due to IOS vulnerability. When I look for patch, there is none for SXI. In order to upgrade to the latest SXI2a version, do I need to go thru the entire modularity install again or somehow I can patch it to SXI2a without taking down the entire box?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi KEVIN,

There is no patch for it. You have to install a new IOS. I just upgraded 60 6500 switches, because of bugs in SXI2 that would cause the switches to reboot every 2 weeks. But before you upgrade, make sure you read about this bug (CSCsv30540). This specific bug still exists in SXI2a, so I had to convince Cisco IOS BU to add a bug fix for this version before I put it on my boxes.

Good luck and let me know if you need more info

Reza

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi KEVIN,

There is no patch for it. You have to install a new IOS. I just upgraded 60 6500 switches, because of bugs in SXI2 that would cause the switches to reboot every 2 weeks. But before you upgrade, make sure you read about this bug (CSCsv30540). This specific bug still exists in SXI2a, so I had to convince Cisco IOS BU to add a bug fix for this version before I put it on my boxes.

Good luck and let me know if you need more info

Reza

wow, that's good to know. I am running SXI and it has been good for me for a year now. I think I will convince the management to delay this IOS upgrade.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card