cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto Attendant question

richardfu
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to setup unity auto attendant, does anybody have this experience? Can we setup in our environment? If so, do we have enough voice ports?

Unity 4.1(1) with failover

CCM 4.1(3)

Total Users 1000

Unity voice ports 32

Thanks for any clue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can only have AA, you can only have AC, you can have both. They're not tied together. One is CUCM and the other is Unity.

I found this user/ratio figures that someone suggested

Ports Users Users/Port

32 875 27.3

40 1175 29.4

You're on 33.3 which is fine.

You could configure 2 VM profiles and use less ports for regular VM usage but that would increase the ratio and you would need to make sure that ALL the vm ports on AA are used ALL the time for that to be effective. Otherwise i see no point in having idle AA ports when they could take a VM call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PLEASE SEARCH before posting, this has been asked PLENTY of times before

An AA are nothing more than call handlers and caller input configurations.

Common config is CTI RP with CFA to VM, call handler with same DN as CTI and then all is caller input.

Each call uses 1 VM port so you could have 32 callers, but since they're also used to leave/retrieve VMs you only get 32 calls to/from unity at any given point in time.

You can search ALL the previous posts that exist on the subject if you want more details.

HTH

java

HTH

java

java:

Thanks a lot for your quick response, I did search many postings in this forum during the last couple of weeks, would like to get some real experience, I have setup the call handler as AA for basic functionality, the question here do we have enough voice ports (32) for current 1000 users? since this can not make a good testing only when all DIDs were removed. also do we have any option to dedicated the voice ports to VM access and the AA calls or just mix them together? If more than 30 incoming call (2 voice ports for MWI), probably nobody have chance to leave the VM and access VM.

Can we also working with AA without the attendant console for reception?

Sorry for these coming doubts and questions and thanks for your response.

You can only have AA, you can only have AC, you can have both. They're not tied together. One is CUCM and the other is Unity.

I found this user/ratio figures that someone suggested

Ports Users Users/Port

32 875 27.3

40 1175 29.4

You're on 33.3 which is fine.

You could configure 2 VM profiles and use less ports for regular VM usage but that would increase the ratio and you would need to make sure that ALL the vm ports on AA are used ALL the time for that to be effective. Otherwise i see no point in having idle AA ports when they could take a VM call.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks java for your great answers and quick response, it really solved my doubts and questions.