cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Problem adding WISM module to CiscoWorks

chris.mcgarrah
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem adding WISM modules to CiscoWorks. Here is the output from the failed archive management job:

*** Device Details for durhq1-cra-wr01 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,Telnet,TFTP

Execution Result:

CM0056 Config fetch failed for durhq1-cra-wr01 Cause: CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 4 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.72.1.20 Cause: CM0202 Could not access 10.72.1.20 via SNMP. Action: Check the Read Community string Action: Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

I'm attaching sysinfo from WISM module. Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do not have the required package for this module. To manage the WiSM, you need Cat6000IOS package version 8.0. Go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update, and download and install all available updates for Common Services and RME.

I've updated the device package, but am now getting a different message:

*** Device Details for durhq1-cra-wr01 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,Telnet,TFTP

Execution Result:

Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job after increasing the job result wait time using the option:Resource Manager Essentials -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt ->Fetch Settings

I increased the time as suggested in the message from 2 minutes to 3 minutes but still get the message.

The archive management job also took over 4 hours to fail.

Not sure if this is relevant but when I manually SSH into the WISM module, I first get a Login: prompt (no password) and then a User: prompt and then a Password: prompt.

Now you're seeing CSCsv95235. A patch for RME 4.2 is available by contacting TAC. However, the recommended fix is to upgrade to LMS 3.2.

I have your xdi.jar with checksum 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e installed for another bug I ran into. I see in another posting that you rolled the fix for bug CSCsv95235 into that xdi.jar.

Could I be running into something else?

Yes, this could be another timing issue for which there is no fix in LMS 3.1. The issue is fixed in 3.2 by the addition of a cmdsvc.properties file in which one can change the various timeouts. If this is on Solaris, you could also be seeing a Solaris bug which causes hangs in processes using pkcs11 encryption. TAC can confirm the actual problem by getting a full thread dump when the archive operation has locked up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: