Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Script not terminating properly

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a queue-based script where that is not ending at the terminate step. More specifically, if an agent becomes available and the call is dequeued, because it has made the connection, it advances to the terminate step. However, it does not advance to the exit step and the step counter increments until the 1000 mark (whereby the script then fails). This script responds the same way if I have a caller that hangs up while in queue. what I cannot figure out is why this is happening. The End step is directly after the exit step, but it will not advance to that.

This invariably hangs the session which will eventually make the application unusable (after all sessions are hung).

I am running CRS 4.0(4)SR01_Build029.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have at least two errors based on your description:

1) There should be a Goto END step in the Connected branch of your Select Resource step. This should go directly to the End step (not a Terminate step).

2) You are missing an On Exception Goto (ContactInactiveException) END step immediately before your Accept step. This should also go directly to the END step.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Did you care fully look at all exits and terminates?

You can include the script I can review. Expand it all and look sounds like it may be jumping to some place where its execute termination.

thanks,

Baseer.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have at least two errors based on your description:

1) There should be a Goto END step in the Connected branch of your Select Resource step. This should go directly to the End step (not a Terminate step).

2) You are missing an On Exception Goto (ContactInactiveException) END step immediately before your Accept step. This should also go directly to the END step.

I believe this was the problem. Thank you. Also, can you advise as to when we would you the terminate step?

Interesting tidbit about the On exception step, TAC actually added that to my script, but had it pointing to terminate.

You would use Terminate when you want CCX to hang up on the contact. This is good to have for normal IVR cleanup as well.

If the contact is abandoned or answered by a resource, the script no longer has a contact to terminate. Attempting to terminate a contact that does not exist will generate another exception.

so, when you want ccx to end the call, you use terminate. In my script, when it goes to the terminate step, it does not end the script, but it also won't continue to the next step. To address this, I just send it to end (unfortunately, it sends the caller to the default script and the cisco voice tells the caller we are having system problems).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: