Log Partition Full

Unanswered Question
Oct 30th, 2009

I've searched the forums, and I did find a note about a previous version that had a similar problem, but that was resolved by 5.5.1-015.

About twice a day I start getting hardware alerts that the log partition is 78%-80% full. I wrote a few scripts, plink/php to roll the logs, back them up to another system and delete all the .s logs, yet still the problem persists.

Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have any suggestions for freeing up more log space than just rolling/deleting logs yields? I don't need as many archived reports as the IronPort C10 holds, but there doesn't seem to be a way to delete them from the file system, neither by CLI of FTP.

Little help?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kluu_ironport Fri, 11/20/2009 - 08:55

You would need to have an available off-box archival appliance that the C10 can connect to via ftp or scp.

In the logs, there is the option that once the log has rolled over when it has reached the predetermined size, that the system will scp or ftp the file to the hostname/server that you specify. This way the ESA frees up the space immediately.

Actions

This Discussion