The best book for CCNP

Unanswered Question
Oct 30th, 2009

Hello everyone=),

I am planning to take my CCNP exams next year, and I would like to know which books are good for study. Any recommendation? (Hope this would not violate the forum rules.)

Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.2 (5 ratings)
jim_berlow Mon, 11/02/2009 - 08:24

I like the Cisco Press books personally. Try and find the latest book versions for your studies.

Good Luck,

Jim

jasontcchan Tue, 11/03/2009 - 01:04

Thanks Jim. I did study Cisco Press for CCNA before but finally gave up because the wordings are just like those from textbook. However, I do think Cisco Press books included ALL information we need. Any other recommendation?

ross_rulz Tue, 11/03/2009 - 23:51

Hey,

You might want to look at The Bryant Advantage (www.thebryantadvantage.com) as well. I used his study guides for all my CCNP exams and passed first time. He really makes the stuff easy to learn and understand. Cisco Press is good but it's a bit dry.

Hope this helps

Ross.

Danilo Dy Thu, 11/05/2009 - 19:18

It depends on the author and the reader.

For my CCNA, I use Sybex and pased the first try without even seeing an actual Cisco equipment :). However, I was struggling with my CCNP with them, which makes me switch to CiscoPress. During my CCDP, CiscoPress no help at all - out of topic its like an advanced CCDA but the exam is asking other things.

CiscoPress have two study material. If you want to learn, use Study Guide. If you know the technology and just want to pass the exam, use Certification Guide. It says that they complement each other but the Study Guide bores me to death :)

tharsan86 Mon, 11/09/2009 - 00:34

Hi jasontcchan

For my CCNP switching exam i have used "Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 4th Edition" . Refer the below URL for details:

(http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587052733)

When i was reading this book i could understand lot of technology easily thats why i prefer this book for switching.:)

**pls rate if it helps**

jasontcchan Mon, 11/09/2009 - 21:46

Thanks everyone~ It seems there are not many choices for the books on CCNP. I have done a search on Amazon and found most of the results are from Cisco Press.

LordFlasheart Wed, 11/11/2009 - 23:53

I used all of the Cisco Press Study/Official Exam Guides in order to pass my CCNP. I was lucky enough to attend courses for each subject and can say retrospectively by far-and-away the best study materials to use for the exams are the Student Guides which you get when you attend the courses.

I'm not sure what your situation is but ask around if anybody has got a copy.

HTH and good luck with your studies!

Actions

This Discussion