HELP 881w AP801 problems

Answered Question

So first I did a dumb thing and I know this. I was upgrading the images on the router to the latest and greatest and also wanted to upgrade the AP inside it. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the new AP image was LWWAP rather than autonomous which is was before. well long story short the AP is now nonfunctional and I can't even seem to get into anymore.

at first I was able to get into the unit using the "service-module wlan-ap 0 reset bootloader" command then doing "service-module wlan-ap 0 session". I wanted to wipe the flash and start over from scratch so I erased the flash and set the environment variables to my network and was able to tftp the autonomous image ( ap801-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA3.tar ) back to the flash. After doing that though the ap will no longer let me connect to it.

router1#service-module wlan-ap 0 session

Trying 192.168.10.99, 2002 ...

% Connection refused by remote host

I tried issuing the "service-module wlan-ap 0 reset bootloader" command again with no luck I get the same connection refused.

At this point I am at a loss on how to restore service on this thing without having a true console to it.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this I would be grateful.

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Correct Answer by Aaron Leonard about 6 years 9 months ago

router#service-module wlan-ap 0 session

is equivalent to

router#telnet 2002

which in other words is just a reverse telnet to the 881's internal IP address, and out its (internal) line 2.

So if you get "% Connection refused by remote host" when you try it - then this almost surely just means that line 2 is left in some busy state.

So ...

router#clear line 2

Should fix the problem for now.

As to why you got into this state ... I assume that there was a previous session left lying around.

Hth,

Aaron

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Leonard Thu, 03/04/2010 - 17:14

router#service-module wlan-ap 0 session

is equivalent to

router#telnet 2002

which in other words is just a reverse telnet to the 881's internal IP address, and out its (internal) line 2.

So if you get "% Connection refused by remote host" when you try it - then this almost surely just means that line 2 is left in some busy state.

So ...

router#clear line 2

Should fix the problem for now.

As to why you got into this state ... I assume that there was a previous session left lying around.

Hth,

Aaron

Aaron where were you 5 months ago

that is the right answer after fighting with the AP for a couple hours after I posted this message I did the clear line 2 and after some syntax issues finally got the original ap image up there and everything has been working fine ever since. I used this link to help with the syntax since most don't play in the bootloader very often

Actions

This Discussion