cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 config

myohannes
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to place the start-up configuration file on 2811 router on the flash?

What I am trying to accomplish is add the configuration on the flash in my office and ship it to a remote location where a brand new 2811 router is located. In order to gain control to the remote router.

6 Replies 6

Menen,

Configuraton files and IOS are already in the flash. You can do that way. To make sure that the configuration you made on it is compatible with a brand new router at the remote site.

HTH,

Toshi

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's certainly possible to place a copy of the start-up config file on (main) flash, but assuming you want the remote router to utilize it, don't believe that's possible without manual interaction on that router.

Guys,

I'm not sure why I got low rating,1 in this thread. To someone who did it, you should try to understand why Cisco has provided the rating system for Netpro. However,it would be nice if you can tell me what a reason why I got it.

Not happy halloween day.

Toshi

I didn't do it, but it may be due the answer you provided above being incomplete.

Justin,

What I answered in this thread is regarding to be possible to move the flash card to the other switch. And yes,it needs someone to get involved to plug the cable and turn the router on at least. it has to happen exatly. However, Thanks for your kindness. I always use the rating,5 for people I think that they spent their time to help people. Not just the correct answer. We can discuss things further if something is not completely right.

5 Points guys,

Toshi

justinmitchell
Level 4
Level 4

You can copy the configuration file to the compact flash card and ship it, however to use the configuration on the brand new router will require interaction from someone to get the configuration on to the new router or force the router to boot the configuration from the compact flash card which I believe is slot0: and not flash:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco