cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Anyconnect VPN using Certificate

chadi_chahine
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configure an Anyconnect vpn using digital certificate on a ASA.

I'm able to access the network when using a local database but when I use digital certificate I got certification error without prompting to enter the pin code.

I have already configured my ASA with VPN client using digital certificate as authentication.

What can I do to configure SSL VPN over the same digital certificate?

5 Replies 5

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think it is possible to use same digital certificate. You can specify whether you want users to authenticate using AAA with a username and password or using a digital certificate (or both). When you configure certificate-only authentication, users can connect with digital certificate and are not required to provide a user ID and password.

I have resolved the problem,

thank you

Hi chadi

What was the resolution for the problem? I'm having the same error message.

Thanks

Toni

I've also resolved my problem in the meantime. It's important to know that the certificate must be a user-type cert and not a machine cert. I initially wanted to authenticate the machine instead of the user, yet this is not possible, which has been confirmed by TAC later on.

clin
Level 1
Level 1

hi chadi

can you give me a guide how to configure " VPN client using digital certificate as authentication." ?

i got error message ""certificate validation failure"" when authenticate against certificate , can you advise ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: