ICM CG & CTIOS Problem

Answered Question
Oct 31st, 2009
User Badges:

Hi,

I have installed ICM along with CTIOS Server ... My CG1 (CTI Server) is supposed to run on port 42027 - but it doesnt somehow (in netstat it doesn't show up as well). I've double checked, everything was installed & configured as per cisco docs (atleast i tried my best)

The CTIOS process, keeps trying port 42027 and mark it as offline in its logs.

Can someone suggest why its happening, i have tried to add another CTI server in ICM setup as well but its behaving same.

Below is the output from the shell window :

Title: icm-CG2A ctisvr - [IDLE 10.110.10.11 PORT:42027]

Output:

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argc = 8

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[0] = CTISrvr

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[1] = ctisvr

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[2] = DIRTY

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[3] = SIMPLEX

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[4] = A

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[5] = C:\icm\icm\cg2a

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[6] = 2

06:33:35 Trace: Main: argv[7] = ICM\icm\CG2A

06:33:35 Trace: Display of EMS messages to the screen has been dynamically disab

CTIOS Server WIndow OUtput:

ctios was started with 10 arguments

arg 0: CtiosServerNode

arg 1: ctios

arg 2: CLEAN

arg 3: SIMPLEX

arg 4: A

arg 5: C:\ICM\CTIOS\CTIOS1

arg 6: 255

arg 7: ICM\CTIOS\CTIOS1

arg 8: CTIOS

arg 9: CTIOS1

CtiOsEMSHelper::getConfigInfo(): could not determine side

CtiOsEMSHelper::start(): failed to retrieve EMS and MDS configuration.

06:25:03 Trace: Display of EMS messages to the screen has been dynamically disab

P.S: There's no firewall on the system & I followed this document

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1390

I guess the obvious question is why isn't your PG going active?

Have you correctly configured the Call Router to activate this particular PG? If you are used to the 7.2 method (and previous ICMs) of making the Call Router enable a PG (with a check box), then you must follow a different method with 7.5, as described in the manual.

This has caused issues.

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 4 (3 ratings)
Md. Mijanur Rahman Sun, 11/01/2009 - 01:59
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

There are'ICM system ID' and 'ID' under 'CG Node Propertied' you need to put during CG installation and that should be same as CCM-PG ID, [that is if the CCM-PG is placed at PG2A then CG ID is 'CG 2' and ICM System ID is '2'] , did u check that? Also give the IP instead of hostname during CTIOS installation even though those are in same box.

Have a crosscheck and keep posted. HTH.

shakeelahmadch Sun, 11/01/2009 - 01:31
User Badges:

Thanks for replying.

I actually tried to make another CG process just to check if it opens up - it doesn't. I do have CD ID 1 and ICM ID 1. At this moment, i have given just IP Addresses instead of hostname.

Is there any other thing i can check ?

shakeelahmadch Sun, 11/01/2009 - 01:42
User Badges:

Please see this screen shot running CG, CTIOS Server & netstat -an , which dont show port listening.

thanks.

Attachment: 

Let's start with the PG. Is the JTAPI gateway process active? Is the EAgent PIM active? Do you have this PG set as one to be activated in the Router setup?

Go into the registry of the CTI server, go to EMS\Processes\cti and change "Display to Screen" so you can see the trace in the DOS window. Or examine the .ems file in the usual place with dumplog. There should be trace showing why it cannot connect to the PG. Can you see anything unusual?

Regards,

Geoff

shakeelahmadch Sun, 11/01/2009 - 09:48
User Badges:

Thankyou for reply Geoff. While i'm still looking at what you said but this what i see in log of ICM CTI process ... one line which says - PG Peripherals Offline. If you can comment on that. Thanks again.

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argc = 8

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[0] = CTISrvr

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[1] = ctisvr

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[2] = DIRTY

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[3] = SIMPLEX

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[4] = A

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[5] = C:\icm\icm\cg1a

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[6] = 1

00:42:30 Trace: Main: argv[7] = ICM\icm\CG1A

00:42:30 Initializing Event Management System (EMS) Library.

00:42:30 Trace: EMS Server pipe icm\CG1A\ctisvrEMSPipe enabled for icm\CG1A\ctisvr

00:42:30 Trace: Monitor Server pipe icm\CG1A\ctisvrCmdPipe enabled for icm\CG1A\ctisvr

00:42:30 Initializing Node Manager Library.

00:42:30 CTIServer Release 7.5.1.0 , Build 23684, Built 07/14/08 15:55:16

00:42:30 Trace: EMT I/O completion ports: max threads=2, concurent threads=0

00:43:06 Connection to MDS process established.

00:43:06 MDS now in service.

00:43:07 ProcessSetIdleReq: Enterprise CTI Server going idle.

00:43:07 PG System Event: IdleCTIServer, PG Status: PERIPHERAL(S) OFFLINE

00:43:07 Enterprise CTI Server sending OPC CTI_OK_ACK acknowledgment for command CTI_SET_IDLE_REQ (TransID=1).

00:43:07 ICM Central Controller time adjusted by 0 second(s) to 19:43:06 UTC.

Correct Answer

I guess the obvious question is why isn't your PG going active?

Have you correctly configured the Call Router to activate this particular PG? If you are used to the 7.2 method (and previous ICMs) of making the Call Router enable a PG (with a check box), then you must follow a different method with 7.5, as described in the manual.

This has caused issues.

Regards,

Geoff

shakeelahmadch Sun, 11/01/2009 - 13:49
User Badges:

Thanks Geoff and all; i was giving wrong ID at wrong place :) it all started working.

If you guys don't mind, can you guys suggest me another something, i have following setup in a lab for a development application to be tested using ICM script.

PSTN--MGCP RTR--CUCCM--CUICM--(Agents)

I have configured PSTN, MGCP, CUCCM but i'm not sure how would i make sure CCM acts as a routing client and ask ICM for decisions about call routing & agents.

If there is any guide or page where i can find this, it would be great.

thanks.

shakeelahmadch Sun, 11/01/2009 - 14:26
User Badges:

Forgot to mention that we have CCX (Unified Contact Center Express)(i believe IP/IVR is part of it) available. Not sure if it relates to my routing design.

The call comes in on a CUCM Route Point - associated with ICM JTAPI and configured as a dialed number on the CUCM Routing Client in ICM. This means a call arriving on this dialed number will send a route request to ICM.

Associate the dialed number with a call type and schedule a routing script on this call type. Now ICM will execute a routing script.

The next thing to do is to use a translation route in your routing script to get the call over to the IPIVR peripheral, so that you can treat the call in the IPIVR, and queue the call. When an agent becomes available, it will come back under control of the CUCM through an implicit translation route and be sent to the device target on the CUCM RC.

Another way to do it, which is not as good, is to have the route point as the IPIVR application trigger. Then when delivered to an agent the device target is on the IPIVR RC.

You can try both methods to see how the system works. Most beginners start with the second method because it's easier to follow and you don't need to build the translation routes.

The two reasons the first method is superior is you get immediate control of the call in ICM and cradle to grave reporting; plus if you have two IPIVRs you can load balance and test to see if the IPIVR is available - should one be down you can use the other.

Regards,

Geoff

shakeelahmadch Mon, 11/02/2009 - 07:42
User Badges:

Thank you , it all worked very well. I used the first way to route the calls. About that i'm just stuck at last step:

Is IPIVR part of UCCX premium ? I know we can make IVR triggers and it works fine. But if i want to add UCCX as a PG in ICM, should it be considered as "IPCC System" or VRU.

Neither.

ICM has the ability to function in a parent - child model. The child can be another ICM or a UCCX. You need a gateway PG.

That's the answer to your question "i want to add UCCX as a PG in ICM" but I don't know if that's the question you meant to ask.

If you want to add IPIVR to ICM, you need a VRU PG. IPIVR is UCCX with Resource Management turned off - and a few other things - because ICM handles the skill groups, routing scripts etc.

Regards,

Geoff

binishdas Wed, 06/30/2010 - 05:30
User Badges:

Hi Shakeel,

I am also facing the same issue but don't know how to rectify it. Can you please tell me what did you do to resolve it.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion