Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM MR PG and Outbound Dialer

Hi,

I am trying to install Outbound option for IPCC Enterprise 7.5.1 and I am having some problems with it. My setup is as follows

Server 1 : RouterA, LoggerA, PG1A(CCM PG), CG1A, CTIOS1, DialerA, PG2A(MR PG with two PIMs for the two dialers);

Server 2 : RouterB, LoggerB, PG1B(CCM PG), CG1B, CTIOS1, DIalerB, PG2B(MR PG with two PIMs for the two dialers);

Server 3 : AW/HDS, WebView

CCM -6.1.2

This is my first try with IPCCE and I did my best to install everything following the installation guides but I have the following problems:

- on the dialer window I am seeing:

[client.Dialer.BADialer][CM-A][CTI-U][Ports-X][MR-X]

Trace: Registering with Campain Manager

- the MR PG is probably Down. I am seeing the following messages in the trace window:

Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.12 port 38001.

Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.12 port 38001.

where 10.40.40.11(12) are sideA, sideB visible IP addresses(Dialers addresses and ports);

,in "opc" proccess I am seeing:

11:12:42 Peripheral 5001 failed 2 startup request. Delaying startup for 60 seconds.

11:13:43 Trace: ProcessPIMReportingConfigInd: Unknown ConfigType -1 specified from Peripheral 5001 on Side SideA.

11:13:43 Trace: ProcessPIMReportingConfigInd: Unknown ConfigType -1 specified from Peripheral 5001 on Side SideB.

11:14:14 Trace: ProcessPIMReportingConfigInd: Unknown ConfigType -1 specified from Peripheral 5001 on Side SideB.

11:14:16 Trace: ProcessPIMReportingConfigInd: Unknown ConfigType -1 specified from Peripheral 5001 on Side SideA.

- the Dialer ports are not getting registered in CCM. I added these dialer ports in Call Manager as Standard 30 VIP phones. I added these phones to PGUser as well. CCM PG is operational

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cristian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, thanks for that piece of info on the port. Haven't done a 7.5 Dialer. That's fine - I doubt that changing it will solve your problem unless something else is using 38001.

But you have the MR PG config wrong, in my opinion. PIM1 should point to Dialer1, PIM2 to Dialer2. The second application hostname should be set to the SAME as the first in each case.

MR PIM1

Application Hostname 1: Dialer1_IP_Address

Application connection port 1: 38001

Application Hostname 2: Dialer1_IP_Address

Application connection port 2: 38001

MR PIM2

Application Hostname 1: Dialer2_IP_Address

Application Hostname 2: Dialer2_IP_Address

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

That port 38001 is an odd number. The default when installing a MR PIM is 2000 - did you deliberately choose 38001? And on each Dialer setup you also specified that the MR PG listening port was 38001?

It's definitely worth shutting down the Dialer and running "dialogictest" using each of your 30VIP phones (ports) in turn to a known number to ensure that each port works. The communication between this test program and the 30VIP is SCCP, not JTAPI, but it's still a viable test. dialogictest and the Dialer are mutually exclusive. This does not help with your PIM connectivity issue, but it's a recommended part of the installation process.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your answer.

Starting with 7.5(1) the MR PIM port has changed from 2000 to 38001 because of security considerations. I read this in release notes. It was configured by default in both places and I didn't change it. I will try with port 2000 to see if something will change.

Quick question on this:

When I am configuring MR PG I have:

Application Hostname 1: Dialer1_IP_Address(Same with sideA visible interface)

Application Hostname 2: Dialer2_IP_Address(same with sideB visible interface)

When I am installing Dialer1, Dialer2 at "media routing port" I have 38001. At CTI server A/B I have visible IP addresses and at CTI port A/B I have default 42027/43027. CTI servers are in "Active" state.

Could you tell me if this is correct?

Thanks,

Cristian

Quick update:

When I am trying to change the media routing port to 2000 I am receiving the following error: "2000 is not a valid media routing port value. Recommended value is 38001".

Thanks once again,

Cristian

Ok, thanks for that piece of info on the port. Haven't done a 7.5 Dialer. That's fine - I doubt that changing it will solve your problem unless something else is using 38001.

But you have the MR PG config wrong, in my opinion. PIM1 should point to Dialer1, PIM2 to Dialer2. The second application hostname should be set to the SAME as the first in each case.

MR PIM1

Application Hostname 1: Dialer1_IP_Address

Application Hostname 2: Dialer1_IP_Address

MR PIM2

Application Hostname 1: Dialer2_IP_Address

Application Hostname 2: Dialer2_IP_Address

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

This was a very good observation.

Thank you very much!

Now I have on dialer window:

[CM-A][CTI-A][Ports: C5,R5,B0][MR-X].

The Cisco 30 VIP are now registered to CCM but I have the following error messages in Dialer proccess:

19:57:30 Trace: (FAILOVER) SENT:HeartBeatRequest to CTI Server; InvokeId[119]

19:57:30 Trace: (DD) **** Media Routing PIM is not Connected ****

19:57:30 Trace: (FAILOVER) Received:HeartBeatConf from CTI Server; InvokeId[119]

19:57:31 Trace: (DD) **** Media Routing PIM is not Connected ****

19:57:31 Trace: (DD) **** Media Routing PIM is not Connected ****

19:57:32 Trace: (DD) **** Media Routing PIM is not Connected ****

19:57:32 Trace: (DD) **** Media Routing PIM is not Connected ****

19:57:33 Trace: (DD) **** Media Routing PIM is not Connected ****

19:57:33 Trace: (DD) **** Media Routing PIM is not Connected ****

In the "MR_PIM - pim1" and "MR_PIM -pim2" proccesses I have the following messages:

19:55:45 Peripheral 5001 sending OPC PIM_OK_ACK acknowledgment for command PIM_CONFIGURE_REQ (TransID=0).

19:55:45 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

19:55:46 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

19:55:57 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

19:55:58 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

19:56:09 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

19:56:10 Attempting to connect to MR application at IP address 10.40.40.11 port 38001.

19:56:16 ProcessPIMSetIdleReq: Peripheral 5001 going idle.

19:56:21 Peripheral 5001 sending OPC PIM_OK_ACK acknowledgment for command PIM_SET_IDLE_REQ (TransID=-1).

What do you think about this?

Thanks once again,

Cristian

Have you configured the Call Router to enable this second PG?

Regards,

Geoff

Yes. I enabled it.

My concerns here are:

1. In the router configuration I put "1-2" for peripherals. In the new version we don't have checkboxes anymore. Just a textbox where you should configure PGs ID range.

2. In Configuration Manager I configured in the MR PG "Primary CTI address:10.40.40.11:42027" and "Secondary CTI address:10.40.40.12:43027".

What do you think about this? Should I configure port too? I saw this on a working system.

Thanks,

Cristian

That's fine - the range 1-2 is correct.

The addition of the CTI specification was done for CEM, the version of Email Manager prior to EIM (OEM'd from eGain). For CEM, the information in the MR PG enabled CEM to set up a connection to the CTI Server for the ARM interface (Agent Reporting and Monitoring).

I see a lot of config pictures with this information entered, but I don't believe it's relevant unless you have CEM - so that's mostly no-one. But old habits die hard, and irrelevant configs spread. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

The last problem was generated by the fact that my Dialer was listening on private interface, port 38001 and not on visible interface. I don't know why because my first interface in windows is the public one. I changed configuration with private IPs and now I have the Dialer Procces Window like it should be.

Cristi

I'd revisit that if I were you. It is essential on a PG to have the public NIC above the private NIC in the binding order - Network Connections - Advanced - Advanced Settings - Adapters and Bindings.

If this is wrong, CTIOS peer-to-peer communication is affected. It will look right, but won't failover correctly.

You should check this on all boxes that have a private link (Roggers, PGs).

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Has this recomendatio of using local (local to MR PImbeing insatlled) Dialer IP for both App_Hostname 1 & 2 now changed?

As per Outbound Guide for UCCE 9, it says

• For simplex deployments, set both of the Application Hostname fields to the computer name of the Outbound Option Dialer.
  • For duplex Sip Dialers with duplex MR PG deployments, Specify the local Dialer HostName in ApplicationHostName1.
    • Specify the remote, duplex Dialer HostName in ApplicationHostName2.

Kartik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: