Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS 3.1 problem with remote web access

giovannisama
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I am a new italian consumer of the forum.

I would want to ask a support for the product CW LMS 3.1:

the software LMS 3.1 are installed on a server and it work correctly, and when i try to connect to this from remote web access, it appens with success.

Instead, when i try to open Topology service, the following java console message appears on remote pc:

JRE Version:1.6.0_05

Endorsed dir is:D:\Programmi\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\endorsed

EXT DIR:D:\Programmi\Java\jre1.6.0_05\lib\endorsed

getApplicationParameters...

initializeProperties...

initializeSwing...

ClientModule.installAllModules...

performAniLogin...

Session id is alpha-numeric, Exception:For input string: "B4C762547895B52ECE2F8593531E46D6"

_Orb=org.jacorb.orb.ORB@bfed5a

org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Retries exceeded, couldn't reconnect to pcmgmt:42342

at org.jacorb.orb.iiop.ClientIIOPConnection.connect(ClientIIOPConnection.java:232)

at org.jacorb.orb.giop.GIOPConnection.sendMessage(GIOPConnection.java:934)

at org.jacorb.orb.giop.GIOPConnection.sendRequest(GIOPConnection.java:900)

at org.jacorb.orb.giop.ClientConnection.sendRequest(ClientConnection.java:323)

at org.jacorb.orb.giop.ClientConnection.sendRequest(ClientConnection.java:304)

at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke_internal(Delegate.java:1024)

at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke(Delegate.java:939)

at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:80)

at org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextExtStub.to_name(_NamingContextExtStub.java:660)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.share.aniclient.AniClient.connect(AniClient.java:329)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.share.aniclient.AniClient.initialize(AniClient.java:140)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.share.aniclient.AniClient.<init>(AniClient.java:120)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.lib.ui.windows.CampusApplet.createAniClient(CampusApplet.java:603)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.lib.ui.windows.CampusApplet.getAniClient(CampusApplet.java:595)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.campus.main.CampusMain.performAniLogin(CampusMain.java:270)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.campus.main.CampusMain.initializeApplication(CampusMain.java:62)

at com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.lib.ui.windows.CampusApplet.init(CampusApplet.java:141)

at com.sun.jnlp.AppletContainer$1.run(Unknown Source)

Unknown Error...Unknown Error...

Can you help me?

thanks and excuse me for my english

6 Replies 6

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To open Topology Services the client must be able to connect to the server on TCP ports 42342 and 43242. Mostly a local firewall on the client or access lists prevents these connections.

Also the name of the LMS Server must be resolveable.

thank's,

i try to open these port on the client or firewall.

To resolve the LMS server name, i have configured the file hosts on the client, because there isn't a dns inside these network.

i have tried to disable local firewall on the client, but the error message still appear.

There isn't firewall in the network!

Is it possible that there are problems with windows XP patches?

In these client, is installed IE 7.0 and java jre 1.6.0_5.

to test if the client can connect to the server, open a DOS box on the client and try to telnet to the server on theses ports:

telnet x.x.x.x 42342

telnet x.x.x.x 43242

if it is not successful you will get a message like the following:

"Connecting To x.x.x.x...Could not open connection to the host, on port 42343: Connect failed"

if it is successfull, just hit enter several times and the session will be closed.

Can this be done from your client?

to test if the client can connect to the server, open a DOS box on the client and try to telnet to the server on theses ports:

telnet x.x.x.x 42342

telnet x.x.x.x 43242

if it is not successful you will get a message like the following:

"Connecting To x.x.x.x...Could not open connection to the host, on port 42343: Connect failed"

if it is successfull, just hit enter several times and the session will be closed.

Can this be done from your client?

I do not know of any current problems caused by winXP patches. - It looks like a connectivity problem...

I can telnet to port 42342 and 43242 using the IP Address and Hostname, But unfortunately I still cannot open Topology Services from my laptop.

I already disable AV at my laptop and Ciscowork Server.

Looking forward for your advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: