cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 7 - Use AD for corporate directory lookup.

eoinwhite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to use the AD for the directory lookup on the phones as the AD is more consistent than the CM7 DB.

In the following weeks I will enable synchronization and authentication with AD but as a first step I would like the corporate directory on the phones to use AD rather than the CM7 database.

There is plenty of info on how to enable synchronization & authentication with AD but I can't find info on how to get the phones to lookup AD rather than CM database?

Cheers,

Eoin.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to write down your own directory script, host it in another web server and then create an ip phone service to achieve this.

The CUCM directory service only looks at the info from the DB, whether it's manually populated or synched from an LDAP server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to write down your own directory script, host it in another web server and then create an ip phone service to achieve this.

The CUCM directory service only looks at the info from the DB, whether it's manually populated or synched from an LDAP server.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

That clears things up. The same end result will be achieved by synchronizing the AD with CM server anyway.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: