Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a 2811 with 3 E1/PRI ports using

1x VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

1x VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1

1x PVDM2-16

1x PVDM2-64

1x AIM-CUE

currently running with IOS 12.4(15)T9, CME 4.1 and CUE 3.2.2.

I'd need to handle about 10 voice, ISDN, and analog connections each concurrently and transcode about 8 voice and 2 FAX calls to SIP and T38 concurrently.

I face several problems with this setup right now:

- The DSPs are obviously not enough to terminate 3 PRI connections, but the combined 90 timeslots won't be used all at the same time. Is there any possibility to configure the controllers to share the available DSP ressources so the device can handle all three PRI connections?

- From what I read so far I can combine Voice and ISDN dial-up with this setup but would need PVDM2-xxDM modules to also support analog dial-up. Is this correct or is there a possibility to use the installed PVDM2s to also provide analog dial-up?

- In case I have to mix PVDM2-xx and PVDM2-xxDM to accomplish my goal, what would be the best solution to add those? As the 2811 only features two DSP slots I'd have to add further DSP slots, would a NM-DSP-FARM module work?

regards,

Bodo

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot combine voice and data on the same interface with ISR routers, because pvdm-dm does not work with vwic.

You need an AS5xxx to do that, otherwise on the ISR router, you need both the vwic and the hwic-ce1t1-pri, and a cross-connect cable.

The VWIC2-xMFT-T1/E1 support mixed mode between voice and data, see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028d2db.html for reference and https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6076 for how to configure this. The important bits are "isdn integrate calltype all" on serial and "dial-peer data 1 pots".

Yes, but no modems as I mentioned above.

The cards that work with pvdm-dm are listed in the data-sheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2641/product_data_sheet0900aecd8050918e_ps5855_Products_Data_Sheet.html

And vwic cards are not among these.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrolbox below.

OF course you're right, this card isn't listed in the PVDM2-xxDM datasheet. On the other hand the VWIC"s didn't even exist when this datasheet was written, the 2800 series datasheet doesn't list the NM-2E2W, yet I'm using one inside a 2811 without problems.

Anyway, would you care to elaborate on your solution using the NM-xCE1T1? Do you also have an answer to my other questions?

regards,

Bodo

Actually vwic predates pvdm-dm.

To use a data pri hwic or nm card with a two ported vwic, connect a crosscable from one type port to the other, and route by numbers as needed, via pots dial-peer referencing vwic ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: