Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus not showing etherchannel multiple lines

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

With LMS3.1, the Campus Map displays only 1 line for an etherchannel.

But, when one of the 2 etherchannel-connexions is down, it shows 2 lines ( one green , and one red)

Do you know if it is possible to display 2 lines for etherchannel anytime ?

Regards

Michel

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus bundles up all ports into one logical port when managing an etherchannel. When all ports are up, Campus will only draw one line (i.e. the bundle), and it should label it as a channel link of the correct speed (e.g. a 4-port 100 Mbps channel will show up as a 400M link). When a port goes down, it is no longer part of the bundle, and topology shows it as an individial down port.

Hi again Joe,

But with my customer,it shows sometimes is 1 line for an etherchannel, and sometimes ... two, even if both are up !

Please have a look at the capture: you will see 2 line between 6500-VSS and some 3750(Stacked). Allthoug, all 3750 have the same configuration.

Rgds

Michel

What version of code are these devices running? Post the output of show cdp neighbor from each.

Hello,

Here is the output you want for the 2 faulty device.

Also include their configuration

Michel

What about the configs and CDP info for the ones showing the one link? In this case, the CDP information is shown across discrete links, so Campus will draw two links.

Hi,

Here is the show you want.

You will see in the Map :

-Switch with 2 lines : 10.160.255.88 (EDBA-A55-11).

-Switch With 1 line : 10.160.255.65 (EDBA-A32-11)

Enclosed the show cdp and sh conf when the pb occures.

The config of Central VSS switch "10.160.0.4" was send yesterday.

Regards

Michel

This does look like a problem, but I'm out of the office for a few days, so it may be a while before I can analyze the code. If this is urgent, you should consider opening a TAC service request.

Thank you for your help.

I prefer open a case : Case number is: 612893127.

Michel

Hi,

did you get any update on this case?

I had a similar problem, but the other way round, with LMS3.2 not detecting multiple links as a channel.

It always shows 4 lines for a 4-port-LACP-channel, and I was told by TAC that Campus Manager does not support LACP.

It would only recognize PAgP-Channels.

On the other hand i had to use LACP because PAgP does not work across multiple switches in a 3750 stack.

Hartwig

Hello,

The case was open for a long time. And it is not solved yet. Finaly we closed this case becasue it was too diffucul to make debug and so on...

I had  LACP also but I do not know if it is the same pb .  My problem is that sometines , topology shows 2 lines, and sometime 1 line  !

I you intend to open a case, and if you have the same pb than me  , please make reference to my case SR 612893127 because Tac told me that they never had this pb before.

Michel Misonne

Hi Michel,

as I tried to explain, my problem was quite the opposite. The customer was used to seeing one line for a channel, but when I had to introduce LACP channels between 3750-Stacks and the central VSS, we got one line per port in the channel (so basically what you would like).

I had case SR 613342193 open, but when TAC told me LACP isn't supported even in most recent campus manager, we closed it and we're going to live with it.

Sometimes campus manager gets confused even more, showing five or eight links per channel, but clicking on relayout so far has solved that every time, so we didn't open a case for that behaviour.

I wonder if the next version will fix this.

Hartwig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: