Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Anchor

clarkmat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a question if a guest anchor can support multiple VLANs for one SSID over EoIP? With AP groups this is possible, for example one SSID can be the same in different locations (meaning different VLANs/dynamic interfaces) but can this be done with a guest anchor?

To setup a guest EoIP tunnel the interfaces are defined as Management (on foreign WLC) and a guest-dmz interface (on the anchor WLC). If you are using say web-authentication and try agin to use the same ssid with another interface (guest-dmz2) there seems to be some problem. anyone come across this before or know of a solution? i could configure different ssids to the different interfaces but wonder if it could be possible using the same ssid...there seems to be some limitation

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Matt

4 Replies 4

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

No.

AP-Groups only work with the APs, and since mobility is passed with the controller IP, there is no way for AP groups to function on the Anchor.

Now an interesting feature request might be to do a controller-group override, so that all clients from controller X go to one interface, and controller Y go to another, but I've never heard anyone ask for it.

Bottom line, as far as i know, is that you're going to need two different SSIDs to have clients in different interfaces on the Anchor

perhaps there is a feature possibility here as there must be a way to differentiate the guest users on the same guest vlan via AP mac address or something so that these can be mapped to different interfaces.

was there ever such a feature?

different SSIDs work and i could apply different languages per SSID put i still prefer one global SSID!

thanks for answering

I believe that this can possibly be achieved by using a RADIUS server to auth the guest clients and return a RADIUS-VSA that instructs the Guest-Anchor of the VLAN to push the Guest user to. However, I haven't attempted to test this yet and am still at the stage of thinking it's possibly wiser and simpler to discuss having different Guest-SSIDs with a Country based suffix to my customer.

Rich

also seems like a good option, never tested either though.

think i will go with different SSIDs and see if there is a feature that supports this later on. Just increases the number of SSIDs by a lot on a global solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card