cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 4.2 Operator problem.

Hernan Moya
Level 1
Level 1

I have a little problem with Unity 4.2 and AA. And I have a suscriber like an operator. CCM 4.2

When a caller calls to unity (8300 CTI port), the alternate greeting of operator appears "Welcome to ABC company, if you know the extention, please dial it otherwise wait for operator.." but when I try to dial, every time is the extention of the operator is responding...Any idea? or any step-by-step configuration please..

Many thanks,

6 Replies 6

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that keypress 0-9 is not locked to any key as it might transfer to the operator's extension.

No The 0 and 9 key are not locked. But when I dial any ext. the CH only sent me to operator.

Any idea?

The DNs you're dialing are already defined in Unity?? Do you have some config under the error greeting?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi -

Do you have "allow Caller Input" enabled on the Operator call handler - on the Greetings page? The after Greeting action sounds like it goes back to the Operator.

Ginger

Yes I configured all like this but...

When you call suscriber (configured as operator) the message "Welcome to ABC corp. if you know the ext. dial it or wait for operator.." appears ok. If I dial an ext. the message "this is not valid operation.." appears and if I don't dial ext. and wait...I can access operator.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi -

The extension the caller dials in this situation must be a Unity subscriber. I think that is why you are getting the error. Could you retest the operator call handler and dial the extension of a known Unity user. Does it work OK in this situation? If not, check to see the class of service the Unity ports are in (via CUCM) as well as your Unity Restriction tables to make sure it can validly dial the number. If the caller is going to dial an extension that is not a subscriber, here is how we've addressed this for routinely dialed numbers: Create a call handler that transfers, via an Alternate Transfer rule, to a non-subscriber extension xxxxx. Remember to select "Attempt transfer" versus "Send to Greeting". In the greeting of the Operator call handler, you can tell callers "To transfer to Sales, press 6". The 6 caller input key invokes the Call handler you just created and transfers the caller to extension xxxxx.

Hope this helps!

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: