Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting CallManager to AD ?!

NiclasCpm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we'd like to connect our Callmanager (4.3) to our Active Directory sind we'd like the fields for telephone and fax number automatically be filled with the entries being stored in the Callmanager.

Can we as end users do this by ourself - somehow ? Or does the connection have to programmed or the Callmanager have to be enhanced with some module ?

If we can do this ourself the question is: how ?

Regards,

Niclas

3 Replies 3

sunishnair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For integrating CCM with Active directory, Please go through this link.

Installing the Cisco Unified CallManager Customer Directory Plugin Release 4.3(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dir_plugin/plug431.html

Regards,

Sunish

Just to add something, unless you have access to CUCM Admin via RDP or VNC into the server along with all the credentials needed for the integration into the AD and knowledge of which OUs hold the info you want, contact your admin and ask him about this. You could break the server if you have no idea.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks to both of you.

I'll look through the HowTo. Finally - I guess - Cisco has to do it by theirself since we have a service and support contract. But nevertheless I'd like to know what has to be done. ;)

@javalenc: I have access to the CM via RDP or the server itself (console), have all needed credentials and know which OUs to pick. Eventually I should know what to do. :)

But I'm sure that this has to be done by Cisco due to our contract and the loss of guarantee in case we did anything.

I thought that there was a simple feature in CM to access the AD.

But installing any software or changing core configurations mustn't be done by us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: