cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing default route on a 3750 switch

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

I want to use two different 0.0.0.0 routes on a customers switch. This so that I can load balance between two ISP's. Can I do this?

Example.

Default route 1

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 206.248.224.1

Default route 2

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 205.148.221.1

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kevin,

this can be done a C3750 behaves like a router that is different from ASA.

by the way, you could have put the question as a follow up of the other thread in WAN forum if this question is related to the same scenario described there.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe

Your replies always help. This is related to the other question on the WAN forum.

This option would perhaps allow me to simply route to the new ISP off of the customers Core switch by installing a 2nd ASA between the new ISP connection and the inside networks. This would eliminate the need for me to have to let the existing ASA make routing decisions as to which ISP to send to.

Seems there may still be some confusion though as all the companies existing DNS records are configured on the old legacy network. I am not sure how I could get the switch to make decisions as to which ASA to send to. Sometimes the traffic will have to go to the old ISP for Mail to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: