In a corporate LAN, where office employees are connected to the inside network; how is the redundancy maintained.
For e.g. if the overall network setup is Active/Passive such as
1. FrontEnd Firewalls (Active/Passive)
2. Firewall DMZ Server farm - Mail/Web Servers
3. Backend Firewalls (Active/Passive)
4. Redundant switches connected on the inside of Backend Firewalls
5. Client PCs connected to the inside switches that are connected to Backend firewalls.
So for point 5, how is the client redundancy maintained with regards to switch pair. Should half of the clients be connected to switchA and other half to switchB. Or should all clients be connected to switchA and switchB be left with empty ports. And whenever switchA fails, all cables be removed and connected to switchB.