Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Credential report

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am running device credential reports to see if SNMPV2/V3 is ok and some devices are coming back wrong credentials/credentials not verified.

I'm looking at the date and some are from last year Dec 1 2008 and I just applied changes to some devices last night. I also verified on the device that the correct credentials are there.

Please help.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that you're actually running new Device Credential Verification JOBS, and not just running the report. The report will look at old data. The job will actually refresh the data.

That helped now I need to figure out why are the SNMP V2 parameters are showing up wrong when they are configured correctly on the device itself. Any suggestions.

Also, I'm now seeing on some devices where SNMP V3 is now configure SNMP V2 states wrong credentials.

Debugging device credentials verification is next to impossible internally. The best way to do it is with a sniffer trace. Start a trace filtering on udp/161 traffic between the server and one problematic device. Then run a new job, and check the trace to see what credentials are being used.

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you running this report ?

RME > Reports > Report Generator > Device Credential : Verification Report

RME Reports from the Report Generator are always based on information collected by a job and stored in the database. If this job is not configured to run periodically it is truely possible that you have outdated data in the report.

Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > Device Credential Verification Job and setup a job to check the credentials immediately, once or periodically;

At least if you let it run immediately your report should contain actual and correct data.

I'm actually running this report Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > Device Credential Verification Job

I'm just confused as why it is stating credentials are wrong when it is the same across all the network devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: