Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC and changing IP address

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are using NAC OOB, L3, Real IP gateway with AD-SSO. when users log in to the PC, PC is supposed to change the IP address after authentication with windows user account. But based on security policy, users don't allow to change IP address, so changing IP address will be failed. is there any workaround for this matter? should we change our security policy and let users to have right to change IP address?

in this case, what security in GPO we have to modify to give them permission to do "ipconfig /renew" command right?

any suggestion would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to install the stub first with admin rights. Then once the user logs in with his own rights (non-admin) and he needs to do anything administratively (like change IP), the agent requests the stub to do it and it works.

Check the link I sent out. It has much more details :)

HTH,

Faisal

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Alex,

Install the stub first for the agents, and then let the users install the agent with their own rights. This way when the agent needs to do something with admin rights, it will ask the stub.

Details: http://tinyurl.com/yfodvn9

HTH,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

what do you mean admin right? which admin is inside stub? windows admin?

thanks again for your fast reply.

Alex

You need to install the stub first with admin rights. Then once the user logs in with his own rights (non-admin) and he needs to do anything administratively (like change IP), the agent requests the stub to do it and it works.

Check the link I sent out. It has much more details :)

HTH,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

as i know, stub installation is not included/supported in NAC 4.7. How to solve this issue with IP address renew?

Ladislav.

Ladislav,

4.6 and above install a service with the agent. The role of stub is now played with that service.

HTH,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card