CCNA validity

Unanswered Question
Nov 3rd, 2009

I completed and received my CCNA certification in Dec 2007. I want to go on to CCNP certification. Till when can I take up the CCNP exams without having to reapply for CCNA ?

Thanks for any help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
crow930us Wed, 11/04/2009 - 07:19

Something else to remember, when you pass any of your CCNP exams this will reset your CCNA expiration to the same date as when you passed the CCNP exam.

The rule is that your expiration dates are reset whenever you pass an exam of equal or higher level.

PacketGnome Wed, 11/04/2009 - 15:54

Wait, what? I'm confused. You're saying that when you pass a CCNP exam, your CCNA expiration date will become that same date? So your CCNA expires on the day that you pass a CCNP exam?

So if my CCNA certification is going to expire on 11/15/09, and I pass a CCNP exam on 11/10/09, then my CCNA will expire on that date? That doesn't make any sense.

Do you mean that when you pass a CCNP exam, then your CCNA expires 3 years from that date?

Sushil Kumar Katre Wed, 11/04/2009 - 21:14

What he meant was that your CCNA will get renewed when you pass an equivalent or higher certification.

So going by your example when you pass a CCNP exam your CCNA will expire 3 years from that date.

-> Sushil

PacketGnome Wed, 11/04/2009 - 23:03

You have up until 3 years from the day that you passed your CCNA exam. So you have about 13 months.

Actions

This Discussion