Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Support for UCM 6.x and 7.x Questions

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello all,

I am currently running CCM 4.1.3 on MCS-7835H-3.0 server with 2 36.4GB hard drives and 4GB of RAM. I am planning on upgrading to UCM 6.x or may be 7.x and would like to find out if my current server hardware can support UCM 6.x or 7.x.

Will my current server hardware work for UCM 6.x or 7.x ?

Thank you in advance !!!

Danny

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go thru the following link for that

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

Please check this link for supported hardwares,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900ae

cd8062a4f9.html

It will work.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Danny,

Just to add a note;

(2) Supported, but note that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1 and higher requires original CPU > 2GHz, memory of minimum 2GB for MCS 7815/16/25/35, 6GB for MCS 7828 and 4GB for MCS 7845, and hard drive capacity of 72/80 GB or higher. This will result in mandatory memory and hard drive upgrades if older supported servers are desired for use with the new software versions.

So, you would need to upgrade the Hard Drives.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thank you very much !!! As always I appreciat the help !!!

Danny

Hello Rob,

Can you tell me how many hard drive I would need for UCM 6.x and 7.x ?

Thanks

Danny

at one of my known project MCS7825I4 has single drive and installed UCM correctly, so there might not be any prequisite.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: