cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 Group Voicemail

tkuzma1022
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity 7, how could I make a group voicemail box that sends the voicemail to an exchange distrabution group without creating an ad/exchange account.

I tried Internet Subscriber with smtp of the exchange distribution group smtp address and it freaked out exchange because the Internet Subscribe now has the same address as the distrabution group.

Is the only way to do this is to create an ad/exchange user account then forward the voicemail to the correct distribution group?

4 Replies 4

Thank-you for the link to Public Distribution List. While this is an option, it is not what I am looking for.

I am look at a Unity 7 solution for the group mailbox where many people go to one place to get messages. Currently in Unity 4 when a message is left, the message notification sends an email to an exchange distribution group and the users work on the voice mail.

I am looking for the same thing in Unity 7 but, you cannot just create a mailbox you have to have an AD user with a mailbox. The Internet Subscriber is the way I would like to go but, when I try to use smtp address to the exchange distribution group, exchange errors on delivery because now two people have the same smtp the original group and the new Internet Subscriber.

To me it appears that my only option is creating an AD user with an exchange mail box. I am just looking for confirmation or an alternative solution.

Thanks again;

Tom

I may be missing it by why don't you just have a call handler setup to leave messages for the public distribution list? Callers can leave messages for the call handler which then gets delivered to all members of that DL - no additional user is necessary.

or is there an element to this scenario I'm missing?

Thank-you for your reply;

I think the issue is more work flow. In my case the group mailboxes are for helpdesk type issues where the agents are not in the same area. If I use a PDL, all agents get the same VM and the possibility of more then one person calling the customer or end user increases. With the VM going to one mailbox or exchange distrabrution the person that is on email duty would be the only one working on the voicemail. Hence my need for a method to send the voicemail to one place.

As I wrote before. I think my only solution is to create a user with AD/exchange but, I was looking for alternatives.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: