susanto.liu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all Master,

need help.

Device: CUCM 7.0

Condition 1:

CUCM only synchronize Contact information from LDAP (without password):

-CUCM can synchronize to LDAP: CUCM admin>System>LDAP>LDAP Directory...

-CUCM can get username from LDAP: CUCM Admin>User Management>End user...

-user successfully login: https://<ip CUCM>/CCMUser

Condition 2:

CUCM synchronize Authentication form LDAP:

-CUCM can synchronization Authentication to LDAP: CUCM Admin>System>LDAP>LDAP Authentication...

-But user fail login to https://<ip CUCM>/CCMUser , show message in web browser "Failed to communicate with LDAP server"

Why ?

Please help :)

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Thanks for Your Reply.

I means, when I just configure CUCM only synchronize Contact Information (in CUCM Admin>System>LDAP>LDAP Directory) to AD server, CUCM get User ID, First name and Last name. Then I set password for this user ID (so password is not same with AD), I can login successfully use this user ID and password to login to CCM end user web page.

The problem is I want all user ID and password are setting in Ad server (so I don't need assign password for each user ID in CUCM).

I trying add a new configuration in CUCM to syncronize Authentication (in CUCM Admin>System>LDAP>LDAP Authentication) with AD server and configuration is succesfully.

But when I try go to CCM End User web page and trying login using user ID and password (password is setting id AD) is fail, web browser show message "Failed to communicate with LDAP server".

Hi,

I have a similar problem, did you get this resolved?

Regards,

James

Hi, please verify the configuration of the LDAP Manager Distinguished Name, LDAP Password and the most important the LDAP User Search Base.

Best regards

David

Hi David and thanks for getting back.

The LDAP authentication is set-up and the check box is checked.

I have copied in the user group, the privileges for that user and the LDAP Authentication pages.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

James

Hi David,

Please see attached screen shots of LDAP.

Thanks,

James

Did you solve this issue?

I'm having the same problem and can't find anything on this issue.

Logs from RTMT indicate it's not passing the info but still does not tell me anything.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: