cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Can Agents see number of calls queued?

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I want to know if there is a way to divert calls when your line is reserved?

For instance, I am ready, but do not want to answer this call and want to fwd it to a vm box.

How can agents see how many calls are queued?

Thanks,

Randall

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They can't. Agents do not have visibility into the individual contacts within a CSQ nor can they choose which one they want. An administrator can see this with some effort within the Java-based RTMT tool within /appadmin.

CCX expects agents to answer the contact offered to them. The product assumes that the system administrator designed the script such that it makes the correct decision for the agent.

Thanks.

is there a way to divert a call when an agent is in the reserved state?

Thanks,

Randall

I guess this depends on what you mean by divert. Divert from the agent's side is definitively not support as the ICD cannot have call forwarding of any kind to be supported.

If you want the script to reserve an agent but then take another action before delivering it to that agent, this can be done. Essentially you would change the Select Resource parameter Connect to False. This will change the Connected branch to Selected. You can take additional steps before using a Connected step to finally offer the call to the agent.

Thanks Jonathan,

We have a really small non traditional tech support/customer service implementation.

What I am trying to avoid in one case, is for a tech support agent to be logged in and ready and have a call ringing on their line. The agent is now in a reserved status.

For the most part they will answer the call, but sometimes they might be the only one loggine and ready and can't take the call. So they want to divert it to the VMB.

If I use selected instead of connected, what do I need to do?

Thanks,

Randall

If you change Select Resource to Selected, you can add a Connect step within the Selected branch. Before this connect branch you can do other steps and the agent will show as "Reserved" until it reaches the Connect branch. The agent still does not have any power over the call or what happens with it until they answer.

You would either need to write the script such that it ALWAYS takes an action, such as redirecting to voicemail, when a condition is met; or, have the agent answer the call and then transfer it elsewhere. An agent cannot influance an individual call until they have answered it.

If you can come up with a set of conditions that the script can attempt to match, such as only one resource logged in to the CSQ, you can probably add a few steps within the Failed branch of the Connect step such that it redirects the contact to voicemail. This would allow the single agent one chance to answer the call and if they didn't, it would go to voicemail. My opinion is this wouldn't normally be a good idea though.

Example:

Label: SELECT_RESOURCE

Select Resource [csqId1, Selected]

--Selected

----Connect

------Connected

--------Goto END

------Failed

--------Get Reporting Statistic [Logged In Resources for csqId1]

--------If (csqId1Resources == 1)

----------True

------------Call Redirect [??]

--------------Success

----------------Set Contact Info = Handled

----------------Goto END

------------...other branches

----------False

------------Goto SELECT RESOURCE

----Queued

Note that I have not tested this scenario first hand. You may need to tweak this somewhat to get it right.

Thanks,

I was able to divert to VM if they needed to.

Thanks for you input. I really appreciate it.

Randall

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: