Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 Phones Won't Register

After an upgrade last night from 6.1.2 to 6.1.4 some of our 7975 phones failed to register. We have sufficient DLUs and there doesn't appear to be anything in the traces to indicate what failed. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

what do the phones show on the display ?

"REGISTERING"

I appears these phones did not get the new firmware. I have some 7975s that are fine, but some that are on the old version. I've tried setting the "Create CNF" files in system parameters, and have reset the TFTP servers, though this hasn't resolved the problem.

do you have all your 7975' on the same device pool?

yes. Same subnet too ... phones are adjacent to each other and the network config looks good.

check the device defaults configuration and make sure that the default device pool matches the device pools that are assigned to your 75s

Checked that already. The working 7975s have the load indicated on the Device Defaults, the non-working 7975s have an older version ... they just aren't upgrading their firmware.

why don't you hardcode the firmware under the phone settings .. phone load and shut down the switch port and bring the port back up

let me know if that helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: