cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel is but no traffic flows

mikewillis
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco ASA5505 that I'm trying setup VPN access to and I'm having the hardest problem with it. The VPN tunnel connects and the logs show PHASE 1 completed. But whenever I try and make any connection to the internal lan I get nothing.

I have tried messing with NAT, and ACCESS-LIST but I still got nothing. Any help would be appreciated..

3 Replies 3

mikewillis
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the running config.

The address pool for your vpn clients overlaps your internal network:

ip local pool vpn_pool 192.168.10.1-192.168.10.10 mask 255.255.252.0

Try changing this (and the corresponding nat0 acl) to something like 172.16.0.1-10 (or 192.168.32.1-10 or whatever, as long as it does not overlap any other network).

If you still have a problem, check the ASA logs (Does it show phase 2 as complete, does it show any errors about your test traffic), and check the counters (encrypt, decrypt) on both the client and on the ASA ("show crypto ipsec sa"),

hth

Still nothing. This is starting to get frustrating. Its like the packets are entering the PIX but they aren't coming back through. I'm attaching some logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: