Views
Helpful
Replies

UC - LDAP integration to Novell eDirectory

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Looks UC version 8 not support Novell eDirectory. Any road map?

Thanks in advance,

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All information on UC8 is still NDA. As such this is not an appropriate forum for discussing it.

In UCM 7.x there are supported OpenLDAP solutions. You can use OpenLDAP as an intermediary server that synchronizes with eDirectory. UCM can then bind to that.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I had a similar potential requirement a few months ago and my Cisco SE was able to dig out details of a customer that was using Novell eDirectory. There is an appnote published at the link below:

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3028/integrating-cisco-unified-call-manager-versions-5-and-6-edirectory

Usual caveats - not supported by TAC etc.

Please rate if helpful.

Michael Schmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it actually still not possible to connect UC ver 8 to  Novell eDirectory?

I`m actually trying to connect Novell eDirectory to Cisco Jabber with Anonymous bind in the jabber-config.xml but without success.

Connecting Cisco Jabber to Microsoft AD is working.

Is it possible to connect the Cisco Jabber (9.x) in UC ver 8 to Novell eDirectory with Anonymous bind?

BR

Michael

Answer to both questions is, no.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

many thanks for quick reply.

Would it be possible to connect Jabber 9.x to Novell E-Directory with UC version 10.x when we would update the UC version from 8.6 to 10.x?

BR

Michael

Hi Jaime,

one other question as openLDAP is supported with UC ver 8.6.

Why we can`t connect Novell eDirectory as it`s an openLDAP? What is the problem with Novell eDirectory?

BR

Michael