cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic User Tracking

jwright
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to get the real time updates on end hosts on my switches. From reading other posts it sounds like I need to do the following:

1. Configure DHCP snooping on the switches.

2. Enable the mac notification traps on the switches and verify they are being sent to LMS.

I have catalyst 4000 and 4500 access switches. I've read that I may have problems with how LMS will handle the traps from the 4500 switches in this post: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd34898

Has anyone had much luck in getting dynamic user tracking to work with the Catalyst 4500?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not really. You'd have to run major acquisitions back to back to back, and that will just put too much strain on the server (and network).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it won't work right now. The Cat4500 code needs to be fixed first.

Thanks Joe. Any workarounds to get it anywhere near real time updates?

Not really. You'd have to run major acquisitions back to back to back, and that will just put too much strain on the server (and network).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: