Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert ccx agent number of calls in queue

solomonluke
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is there a way to send an alert or message to the agents IP phone, the number of calls in the queue? Can some one point me in the right direction.

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I'd say the answer is no, but I'm kind of interested in why you want to do this. Agents have the ability to see the number of calls queued against the skill group through CAD real-time reports, and one expects to act accordingly. Often, a wall board is implemented so they see this clearly.

Supervisors, on the other hand, can build a workflow on threshold situations - like when the number of queued calls exceeds a pre-set value. Actions include changing the colour, popping a message box, making an audible sound etc. Supervisors could then send a team message that the queue is loaded.

But that's CAD, and maybe you just have IPPA (IP Phone Agent) and you want the stats on the IP phone.

Can you expand further?

Regards,

Geoff

I have a customer who has moved over from NEC to Cisco. They really liked the queue status flashing light that they had on their NEC ACD phones to let them know when they had calls waiting in queue. I let them know that that information was available to the agent on their Cisco Agent Desktop but they said that, if possible that they preferred to have it on the phone since they have several applications open on their desktops at once.

I was told that with some XML programming this could be achived.

Thanks,

Solomon

You are correct about the XML programming. You can build an HTTP application in CCX that pulls the data in question on the CSQ in question and then make the HTTP trigger the path for the Idle Page (CM | Device) on the phone. You are going to have to look into CM documentation for Idle page and probably Phone Services too. As well as dabble in the HTTP steps in CCX and probably some XSLT to make it more "visual" for the agents.

my application for this is a scenario where my customer has agents who also have other duties.

In addition to servicing two ACD queues, they service walk up clients too, and they are distributed across multiple facilities.

They frequently get busy with a walk up client, and miss an ACD call, which causes their status to go "not ready".

The not ready status is a small font, black status at the bottom of the CAD client.

due to the use of other apps, the client may not even be on the top of their desktop.

they would like a pop-up on screen, and audible alert, and/or a notification on the 7942/62 phone so they recognise they need to go back into ready state.

They know that the automatic change to "not ready" can be disabled. They don't want to disable it.

lpassmore
Level 1
Level 1

Version 7 seems to have this by default on the CSQ Stats page on the phone. I have upgraded to this recently and the Calls Queued and Longest Queue Time is displayed on the agents' phones along with their state (ready, not ready, etc).

In fact, our manager didn't want this and preferred have the Change State page displayed by default (as was the default in the Version 3.3 we had). I can't find a way to achieve this one!

Cheers

LP

This answer assumes that the customer is using IP Phone Agent, not CAD.

You are correct that you could achieve this with XML programming, a separate application server, and database queries to CCX. To be honest though, I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself unless you intend to sell and maintain what you create. The rules for accessing the database will change in 8.0 since it is IBM Informix. You will also have to check a REST API for DB mastership roles. In other words, what you create for 7.0 will need to be updated in 8.0

Approach a vendor that already provides a wallboard product and ask them what it would cost to add this feature. Several of them probably already do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: