Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Schedule an ICM Script to Play a IVR Prompt

abraham23482
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My name is Abraham and I work with the voice support team that manages the voice infra of a National Bank Contact Center.

Requirement : Schedule a script to play an holiday message prompt on a particular date from 12AM to 12PM..

Please guide me on how to upload this prompt message to the IVR and to schedule this script in the ICM and point it to the new prompt.

4 Replies 4

cronier.remy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't think you can schedule with UCCX.

You need to dedfine a "trigger" (call or HttpRequest) which run your action.

One way could be to use the Windows Tesk Scheduler to run a exec or dos command which launch an HTTP request (the trigger of your script)

Hope it helps

Please Rate

Rémy

Yes, we can. We have done this before with the help of a Cisco Partner Vendor.

They uploaded the voice prompt file to the IVR (.aef file) made a test script in the ICM Script editor to run a prompt on the IVR on a particular date.

With this, all calls landing on the primary number was routed using this test script which was pointed to the new prompt in IVR.

I need to know the entire procedure ie from uploading this new prompt to IP IVR and to point this holiday message script to it for a particualr duration.

Thank you

There are two parts here.

1. The first part is a modification in the ICM script so that every call knows whether the holiday message should be played or not. You can modify the routing script to directly compare the current date against a set date (say 12/25/2009) and if true, then check the current time against a spread using a Time Of Day node.

Alternatively, you can do all this in a an Admin Script that runs every minute and controls a global variable that the main routing script checks.

You can develop this and test it without actually doing anything - just watching the path of calls through your script as the day and time of day falls into the slot.

2. Now you need the technique to activate a Run External Script that runs the .aef. Since this has already been done by the "Cisco Partner Vendor", you just need to copy those nodes into the holiday path.

Regards,

Geoff

ICM is able to do this. The procedure we used to play prompt for holiday is:

1. Use one admin script scheduled running all the time, then adjust its holiday day to set the value for "is_holiday"

2. In ICM routing script, this "is_holiday" will control whether to play holiday msg; meanwhile, pass the wav file name using ExtendedCallVarialbes to VRU script "play_holiday.aef" (it is IVR script)

3. In IPIVR, upload the WAV file (be aware of its filename) to prompt repository, and in "play_holiday.aef" play this wav file using the value passing by ICM ExtendedCallVariables.

Hope it helps. Pls rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: