Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE - Installing a new language

js
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a quick question about installing a new language for Voicemail.

I would like to know if my Cisco 3825 Router needs to be rebooted after I install the new language? I know the NME-CUE Module will probably be rebooted, but that won't affect the router right in the way that the users will still be able to make calls.

Also, I have the following file:

cue-vm-nl_NL-langpack.nme.3.1.2.prt1

Notice it's a .prt1 file. In the documents I've read, I saw a .pkg file. Is it still possible to install the language with the .prt1 file?

Thanks in advance,

Grant

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Router needs no reload.

You should have already installed the "language pack" .pkg that is needed to install the individual .prt1 files.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Router needs no reload.

You should have already installed the "language pack" .pkg that is needed to install the individual .prt1 files.

Thank you p.bevilacqua.

NME-CUE Module supports up to 5 languages. I already had 5, but I deleted one, so I have 1 more slot for NL.

What do you recommend me to do? Install the new language during office hours or after? The logical one would be after, but if it's safe I could just do it during office hours, since my FTP server doens't work that well and I could get some help from my colleague with that.

All depends if your user are Ok with a brief outage during office hours.

I use a free FTP server on my laptop to upgrade anything, and it works very well.

Do you mean an outage of the Voicemail? Since the router doesn't need to be reloaded, the users can still place calls and receive calls.

None of the users use Voicemail yet. I'm planning on giving some users Voicemail after I install the new language. That's my final step I have to complete.

The NME-CUE Module isn't being used for anything yet.

I also use a free one, but I got some issues with going into Passive mode.

Since you gave no service yet, you may want to upgrade to 7.x to avoid doing that in the future. It takes less than one hour.

I use a FTPd by Pablo software and it works well.

Sorry, but is it safe to install? Because I can't make up from your reply if it's safe or not. Regarding the outage

We do have upgrading to 7.x planned in the future.

But what consequences will that have? Will I have to reconfigure everything or does the config remain?

As mentioned before, router needs no reload.

I've found that upgrade installs do retain config and prompts, but it's always wise to do a backup before.

Alright. Thank you very much for your help.

I got a problem

CM-CUE> software install add cue-vm-nl_NL-langpack.nme.3.1.2.prt1

WARNING:: This command will install the necessary software to

WARNING:: complete an add-on install. It is recommended that a backup be done

WARNING:: before installing software.

WARNING:: The system will briefly be brought to an offline state

WARNING:: This will terminate any active call and prevent new calls

WARNING:: from being processed.

Would you like to continue? [n] y

Downloading ftp cue-vm-nl_NL-langpack.nme.3.1.2.prt1

Bytes downloaded : 31284081

Validating package signature ... done

ERROR: Invalid package. Please verify if this is a valid package file.

As I mentioned before, it is a .prt1 file. How do I install this?

I got it from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cue-312-nme

Do I have to do something else first?

As mentioned above, choose to install/upgrade the language pack .pkg file.

Then, choose languages from the menu.

Sorry. I missed that part for some reason.

I'm still not able to do it.

Could you please explain it to me in steps? Because I'm a newbie at this.

Thanks

Nevermind.

Installed :D.

I was using the wrong version. I have 3.1.1.0. I was trying to install 3.1.2. Downloaded the 3.1.1. Installed it and it automatically picked the .prt1 file.

It's clear for me now how this works.

Thanks for everything :D

Basically you need to specify cue-vm-langpack.nme.3.1.2.pkg and you will be given the language choices in a menu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: