Replies

6513 Module reporting Errors

harry.hambi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Getting an error message in the logs from Mod 3

in a 6513, the module is a WS.X6548-RJ-45,

the error goes something like this,Nov 5 12:00:41 10.129.140.2 574: Nov 5 12:00:39.183: %PM_SCP-SP-6-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 3 is experiencing the following error: Sculptor #0, Frames with Bad Packet CRC Error (SP_PI_CI_S_PKTCRC_ERR - 0x1D7) = 13147

Is the module about to fail?,any help appreciated.

Rgds.

Harry

5 Replies 5

jfraasch
Level 3
Level 3

Doing a search out there on the world wide web, I found a lot of people had this error and in many cases the module had to be replaced due to bad daughter cards on the module.

Also, from the Cisco Wiki Support page, this little nugget at (https://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/The_%2522PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM_or_PM_SCP-SP-6-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM%2522_error_message_appears_in_the_logs_of_a_Cisco_Catalyst_6500_Series_switch+%25PM_SCP-SP-6-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM:&cd=10&hl=en&ct=cl...')">http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:OtAyCWKq6ykJ:https://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/The_%2522PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM_or_PM_SCP-SP-6-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM%2522_error_message_appears_in_the_logs_of_a_Cisco_Catalyst_6500_Series_switch+%25PM_SCP-SP-6-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM:&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us):

This problem can be solved if the linecard or the module is re-seated. This problem usually resolves itself after a hard reset of the module.

If the error message persists after a re-seat or after the module is reset, the problem is likely a hardware failure.

In order to run a complete diagnostic test on the module and check for any hardware issues, complete these steps:

1. Issue the diagnostic level complete command in the global configuration mode to set the diagnostics level to complete.

2. Issue the hw-module reset command to soft-reset the module. After the module is up again, capture the output of the show module command and the show diagnostic module all command.

3. Physically pull out and reseat the module firmly in the chassis to hard-reset the module. After the module is up again, capture the output of the show module command and the show diagnostic module all command.

If the problem persists, use the TAC Service Request Tool in order to open a case with Cisco Technical Support.

Let me know if that helps. I have quad 6513's myself so I am interested to know what you find out.

jbrenesj
Level 3
Level 3

Try reseatting the module, it normally helps and you won't see the error again, if it's persistent, you may want to replace the module.

Many thanx,while I have your attention, I seem to remember a command which included the pipe command | which would list all ports with CRC errors.....i hope this makes sense?, you don't happen to know such a command?.

Rgds.

Harry.

Show interface counters errors

Oh, and if you want to only show ports with errors you would have to run it with a | exclude 0

but then you would also exclude ports that end in 0 (like 10, 20, 30, etc).

Probably better just to scroll through the output and find what you need.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card