Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling public holidays using web portal

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

is it possible to set the public holidays on ICM using a web portal instead of using script editor?

thanks in advance,

10 Replies 10

yes. All you have to do is have your script send the data like today's date and check it againsts your web portal its http call and you should get a yes holiday or no or similar response.

Based on that you can continue you ICM script accordingly.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks,

Baseer.

Which node should i use to send the data?

You can set up a DB lookup to a DB that gets updated via the web. Or an app gateway. Basically, there's a lot of different ways to do what you're trying to accomplish.

david

Which node should i use to send the data?

As David said, there are two ways:

1. The built-in DBLookup node which can run a simple query against a MS SQL database. Quite easy to set up. The data will be in a SQL database and YOU would have to build an out-of-band system (a Web service) to alter the database. ICM would know nothing of this process - ICM only reads the DB.

The DBLookup node can be in an Admin Script that runs once a day (say at 1am) and sets a global variable that the routing script looks at.

2. Integrate an Application Gateway. This is a very serious integration that costs money and you need a development contract with Cisco to get the specifications (GED).

You can adopt 1 in two phases. Phase 1 is to build in the DBLookup, where the information is in the database but the only way to change it is with a SQL update. Phase 2 is to add the Web service.

The return on this is extremely low and to be frank, makes little sense to me.

What is the business driver here?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

the purpose of this web portal is to allow non technical persons to change the times where the call center agents are praying. (prayer time is variant)

now once the times are set in the web portal how can you access the "hours" variables in icm, in which table they reside?

I would stay away from using DB get and put its better to use the web portal direct.

use create ulr document, create xml document and get xml document.

Attached a file showing these 3 steps you get the idea.

Good luck,

hello - this is Enterprise. Please read the original post again.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi abdulbaseer,

note that's UCCE deployment, UCCX does not include icm,

cheers,

Understood. My oversight I hear you loud and clear.

Thanks,

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: