UCCX Backup failing

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

My network backup began failing a few days ago. Here is the error I receive when trying to do it manually from the appadmin interface.

ArchivingFailureEvent id=3860, archiveId=CRS_1257432805091_, errorCode=ARCHIVE_CREATION_ERROR, statusMessage=tar failed with error code: 2, cmd: Tar.exe -c --atime-preserve -f "\\server\ccbackup\Backup11-05-09#09-55.tar" \\STI\\Backup, refer to the MCVD logfiles for more details

com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveFailureException: ArchivingFailureEvent id=3860, archiveId=CRS_1257432805091_, errorCode=ARCHIVE_CREATION_ERROR, statusMessage=tar failed with error code: 2, cmd: Tar.exe -c --atime-preserve -f "\\server\ccbackup\Backup11-05-09#09-55.tar" \\STI\\Backup

at com.cisco.archive.impl.BackupArchiveImpl.waitForArchiveResult(BackupArchiveImpl.java:494)

at com.cisco.archive.impl.BackupArchiveImpl.processArchive(BackupArchiveImpl.java:412)

at com.cisco.archive.impl.ArchiveImpl$3.run(ArchiveImpl.java:463)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.runCommand(ExecutorStubImpl.java:690)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ExecutorStubImpl.java:486)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ExecutorStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ExecutorStubImpl.java:762)

at com.cisco.executor.impl.ThreadStubImpl$RequestImpl.run(ThreadStubImpl.java:563)

at com.cisco.util.ThreadPoolFactory$ThreadImpl.run(ThreadPoolFactory.java:853)

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
acomiskey Thu, 11/05/2009 - 07:32
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Thought I may be hitting bug CSCsy04635, but I restarted the node manager and receive same error.

levinsky Thu, 11/05/2009 - 19:20
User Badges:

Hi,

I had the same issue. It was a permission problem. I had my backups going initially to a local share on the UCCX primary server. I didn't give the administrator user the permissions to write to that share. After I changed the permissions I had to reboot both the primary and secondary servers. Then I was able to successfully backup the cluster.

Thanks,

Ken.

Actions

This Discussion