Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1: UT issue "no end hosts found"

mwynen
Level 1
Level 1

Hy pros.

There's a Catalyst 3560 for which CW reports "no end hosts found". But there are clients connected to this switch. By searching for any of the mac-addresses (shown via CLI on the switch) they appear inside the LMS on another switch. They have never been connected there and the 3560 seems to be managed absolutely correct by CM and RME.

Please help me to find the reason for this behaviour.

Thanks in advance!

Marc

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The fact that the end hosts show up on another switch probably has something to do with your topology. Are they showing up on the uplink port of that other switch? If so, then that port is either not trunking (or you have enabled runk port acquisition) and there is no CDP running on it. In that case, UT has no way of knowing that those MACs are really not connected to that port.

As for why the hosts are missing from the 3560, make sure the community string does not contain a '@'; and if using SNMPv3, make sure you have configured SNMPv3 contexts for each of the VLANs on the 3560.

No, they are shown on an access port, not the trunk.

But more important is why the LMS tells me the 3560 doesn't have any end hosts nevertheless there are some. The community strings do not contain an '@' and SNMPv3 is not used. CM and RME seems to ba fully able to manage this switch. Device type is shown, inventory is collected, config is archived and 'device credentals verification' is also successful.

Is this switch being managed as a cluster device?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but this switch is neither stacked nor cascaded.

Post the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portsData.xml, vlanData.xml, and RouterData.xml files in addition to the show run and show int status from this switch. Exactly what version of Campus are you using?

We're using Campus Manager version 5.1.0.

the rest...

Without the IP addresses, these files are useless. If you cannot share this information on the forum, open a TAC service request with this information.

OK, here's the running config again including IP addresses.

Thanks. All of this checks out. At this point, the ut.log with debugging is required to see why acquisition is missing the hosts on this switch. I suggest you open a service request with TAC so they can walk you through the debug phase.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco