Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7600 VLAN based QoS

mkachalin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have Cisco 7600 router, switching traffic between two physical port and SVI interface for example.

Both physical ports in 'mls qos vlan-based' state.

Next I configured acl, class-map and policy-map:

ip access-list standard ACL_test

permit any

class-map match-all CM_test

match access-group name ACL_test

policy-map PM_test

class CM_test

police rate 70000000 bps

and applied it to VLAN SVI interface:

interface Vlan3

ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.0

no ip proxy-arp

service-policy input PM_test

service-policy output PM_test

end

Accordingly to attached image, what input and output traffic flows will be limited to 70 Mbps?

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Miksim,

>>With a PFC2, PFC QoS does not support VLAN-based QoS with DFCs installed.

•With a PFC3, PFC QoS supports VLAN-based QoS with DFC3s installed.

•With a PFC3, you can attach policy maps to Layer 3 interfaces for application of PFC QoS to egress traffic. VLAN-based or port-based PFC QoS on Layer 2 ports is not relevant to application of PFC QoS to egress traffic on Layer 3 interfaces.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1726124

my understanding is the following:

the sum of traffic rates exiting the SVI to other IP subnets is that of the rate.

policing inbound applies to the physical ports so sum of inbound rates on ports is limited to the rate value.

as a result of this hosts in vlan3 cannot transfer more then 70 Mbps to other IP subnets/Vlans.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe.

Thanks for an useful anwer!

Will wait in this topic for somebody else, who used this future in production environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card