UCCX with SRST

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi all,

I need some help in regards to setting up a redundant site B to support the primary site A which is hosting VG-CUCM-UCCX. All calls are terminating at site A. There are currently 2 groups of agents (ip phone + CAD) accessing site A from their respective branches.

The main intention is for site B to terminate the calls and route the calls to the respective agents in the branches without having to setup another CUCM-UCCX. Site B will be activated when the WAN link to Site A is broken. I'll be able to get the service provider to send the calls to Site B when that happens.

What would I require at Site B and the respective branches to have some form of routing (AA, hunt group, etc)to the agents (ip phone)?

Thanks!

-JT-

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
James Hawkins Thu, 11/05/2009 - 14:22
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

The alias command within SRST allows you to forward calls to DN's used as UCCX triggers to agent extensions but there is no IVR or agent login/logout and there is a limitation of 50 alias statements.

More comprehensive hunt group support can be delivered by using CallManager Express as SRST but I have found it poorly documented and a little flakey.

Actions

This Discussion