cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change greeting on Call Handler

linda0055
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We have our main number setup as a Call Handler in Unity. I need add additional caller inputs so this means we need to change the greeting. I know how to add the caller input parts but I cannot figure out how to change the greeting on this. The call handler has an extension number but I do not see a voicemail box associated with it. Can someone give me some guidance on where I would find out how to change the greeting on this.

Thanks,

Linda

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Linda -

You can do it a couple ways. You can add in the following:

- Owner to the Call Handler (say yourself Subscriber)

- Create an extension (if you do not have one) for the call handler in Unity. (any number that is not a mailbox)

In your caller input, select an unused caller input and make it "Greetings System Administrator"

It will ask you which greetings you wish to admin, then enter your Subscriber credentials and PIN and you can re-create the greeting (standard, alt, etc)

You can also do this from the GUI. Upload a new wav file to the standard greeting (not recommended unless you have a great recording device)

I use the phone. So on the Call Handler, standard greeting, I select the option on the Play/pause,record java media tool bar to call my desk phone. When my phone answers, I can use the media tool bar in Unity to control the record, stop, etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

linda0055
Level 1
Level 1

BTW we are on Unity 4.2

Thanks

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Linda -

You can do it a couple ways. You can add in the following:

- Owner to the Call Handler (say yourself Subscriber)

- Create an extension (if you do not have one) for the call handler in Unity. (any number that is not a mailbox)

In your caller input, select an unused caller input and make it "Greetings System Administrator"

It will ask you which greetings you wish to admin, then enter your Subscriber credentials and PIN and you can re-create the greeting (standard, alt, etc)

You can also do this from the GUI. Upload a new wav file to the standard greeting (not recommended unless you have a great recording device)

I use the phone. So on the Call Handler, standard greeting, I select the option on the Play/pause,record java media tool bar to call my desk phone. When my phone answers, I can use the media tool bar in Unity to control the record, stop, etc.

I knew there was an easy way to do this. Thank You!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: