Still having problems with clients losing IP addresses

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2009

We are still having problems with clients losing IP addresses. The clients will time out and go to the generic 169.x.x.x instead of our 10.x.x.x network. The clients authenticate to an RSA server. The problem happens on random clients so it's been hard to catch. I did catch one and ran a packet capture on it, but can't decrypt it because no one knows how to get the WEP key off of the RSA server. I've heard from some of the TAC guys that this has happened before, but no one knew what was the resolution.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
courtnash Thu, 11/12/2009 - 10:35

I'm having the same issue in my network. Have you found a fix. We don't have a RSA server...

ericwoodin Thu, 11/12/2009 - 11:07

We've been working with TAC on the problem, but no avail. I took a few packet captures and sent them to TAC, but cannot get the encryption from the RSA to de-crypt the capture in Wireshark. It seem like the problem is random. I set up 4 laptops next to each other and they all came on the network with no problems. The next day, I started them up again and one of the four would get the 169.x.x.x address. We have more than enough addresses in the DHCP scope to accomidate and a 3 day lease on each client. I asked our regional wireless guy from Cisco about the problem and he said he's only seen it twice and doesn't know how they rectified the problem.


This Discussion