Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2009

Has anyone had problems getting reports to run on IE8? I am getting an error every time I run a report "You have been logged out due to inactivity. Close all browser windows and log into webview again."

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
kre8or2007 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 06:35

No dice, I've already tried that; the list of reports comes up, it's just when I try to run one, it gives me that error right away like it's having some sort of trouble receiving or displaying the data

marcosronderosrangel Tue, 11/10/2009 - 21:18

It works for me, update windows and all patches of IE8, it must be something on the PC, try with another PC to see what happens.

Chad Stachowicz Wed, 11/11/2009 - 20:47

it def isn't supported I just had a terrible time around this.. I have been told by Cisco it will be fully supported in ICM 8.0 due Q1 2010.... What exaclty is the error?

For me historical reprts gripe about java, while realtime reports tell me I have been logged out...

There is also issue with the loca;e setting for english(united states) in win 7.... webview expects it to be set to en-us and win 7 sets it as en-US...

I havea few more bugs and have yet to get it to work, but TAC sent me a whole list of possible fixes to try... still no dice as of yet... pretty sure the version of java on the end machine makes a big difference...


kre8or2007 Thu, 11/12/2009 - 11:28

Exactly-- Everything tells me I have been logged out; it does this immediately, like there was no data even exchanged. I don't see many ActiveX settings in IE8, I guess I can start fooling with Java versions and settings.

grupprecht Mon, 11/30/2009 - 10:16

I had the same problem with IPCC 7.1.4 and IE8.  To fix the problem, I found that IE updates had changed the original client browser settings.

I went back to the original install procedure and it fixed the issue.

Step 1 In the browser, select Tools > Internet Options > Security.

Step 2 Click Trusted Sites. Then click Sites...

Step 3 Clear the checkbox for Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone.

Step 4 In the Trusted Sites dialog box, add each of your WebView servers. (http://webview server and https://webviewserver).

Step 5 Click OK to apply the setting and close the Trusted Sites dialog box.

Step 6 Click Custom Level on the Security tab and verify that the following are enabled:

Download signed ActiveX controls

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins

Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
Automatic Prompting for ActiveX controls


guido.lescano Mon, 11/30/2009 - 11:26

CSCsy12781 simplemente">The problem you have is "IE7 key en-us" and "IE8 key en-US" and the C:\icm\web\WebView\reporting\servlet\wvLocale.properties is case sensitive this is documented in the Bug simply CSCsy12781 editing this file and adding the key Webview works in IE7 and IE8, with XP and Vista, in UCCE 7.1 7.2 7.5

For Example edit wvLocale.properties and add the line
en-us = mm / dd / yy
en-US = mm / dd / yy
es-ar = dd / mm / yy
es-AR = dd / mm / yy
pt-br = dd / mm / yy
pt-BR = dd / mm / yy

CSCsy12781 Bug Details  

Webview reports fail if you manually change language in IE 7.0. 

Unable to create any report when using Internet Explorer 7.0 to access Webview.

Error seen when creating report:

Report cannot be displayed:: Can't find resource for bundle
java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key en-GB

(replace en-GB by the language you configure in IE 7.0)


After changing the default language settings in Internet Explorer 7.0.

In IE 7.0 when you change the default language, the newly added one is added upper case.

(For example, default language en-gb becomes en-GB when you manually add it)


Option 1. Add the language in IE 7.0 using the "User defined" option and add the language manually in lower case (en-gb).

Option 2.

-Add the following lines for your language in upper case in the following Webview server file:



(replace en-GB with the language you configure in IE 7.0)

-Restart Jaguar and W3SVC services to apply the change 

I hope you solve the problem


brian.chojnowsk... Tue, 12/01/2009 - 07:25

No dice for me for any of the fixes in this note.  The error message seen when the report window pops up is

"You have been logged out due to inactivity. Close all browser windows and log into WebView again."

kre8or2007 Tue, 12/01/2009 - 12:38

I got mine to work by adding https://hdsserver into trusted sites; I already had http, which is what shows up in the IE bar (and also the report window).  Not sure why but it is fixed for me.  Maybe this will help someone else.

mikebaranowski Mon, 12/20/2010 - 14:46

I got mine to work by:

1.    In IE 8 open Internet Options from the Tools menu.
2.    On the General Tab choose Languages.
3.    Choose the Add option and in the User Defined field put “en-us”  (no quotes, lowercase). 
4.    Select Ok and now you will see in the languages box a new entry “User Defined [en-us].
5.    Highlight this entry and choose the move up button on the right side to move the selection to the top of the list.
6.    Choose “OK” and “OK” again. All done.

Close IE, open and give it a shot!


This Discussion