cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan not working properly

maria.melendez
Level 1
Level 1

Some machines in my vlan are not working and other are okay. I already remove and readded vlan to main switch. The VTP server is update and the client also. Other vlans are working properly. PLEASE, HELP!!!!

5 Replies 5

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please provide more information. There isn't enough information to diagnose what is the problem.

If you mean the PC on the VLAN's you re-added is not able to communicate with other VLAN, you have to check your trunk and/or SVI (L3).

Regards,

jerry

Some of the PCs are not working, other PCs are working properly. All of them are in the same vlan, using in the same switch. We had reboot the switch a couple of times, also re-added the vlan to the main switch. Other vlans seem to be working.

I'll check about the trunk ports.

You can also compare the port setting (where the PC's are connected to) between the working one and the none working one.

Regards,

jerry

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Vtp won't have anything to do with it if both the client and server have the same revision number . Is it just a single server and a single client setup ? Check trunk setups on both sides. If you see the vlans on both sides and the revision number is the same and the ports are in the vlan you think then it should work . Where is the routing being done for these vlans ? If possible post a sanitized config of problem switch and trunk setup for both sides.

Thanks for your responses!! seems that an ACL was carried over the new configuration and it was blocking specific management IPs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco