Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client IPSec Authentication Using Digital Certificates

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I would like to ask you some question about VPN client wit Digital certificate, now i had ASA 5510 and using VPN site to site, VPN client and SSL,

So would like to use VPN client Digital certificate,

what requirement that i can do VPN client digital certificate?

when i implement VPN client digital certificate it have problem with VPN site to site and SSL or not?

Best Regards,

Rechard

2 Replies 2

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

The doc below gives a good overview of certificate authentication for IPSec VPN clients on the ASA. Multiple authentication methods can co-exist on the ASA platform so you should not have problems with your L2L tunnels using pre-shared keys. You will need to consider how you want to manage certificates in your environment. This can be done internally using a Microsoft CA for example or through various 3rd parties such as Verisign.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008092d8f1.shtml

Dear Topula and all,

Thanks you for your info and link that you show me, so i would like to ask some questions about implement VPN client with certificate.

1- what requirement for implement VPN client with certificate?

2- i would like to know the first step for create certificate for VPN client? or just follow some step on your link it will be working?

i never use it before!!!!

Best Regards,

rechard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: