cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Business Attendant Console be co-resident?

stafford.slater
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have a couple of questions regarding CUB-ATT-CON=

If the Business attendant console is a re-badged ARC console how come ARC support the enterprise console in a virtual environment and cisco don't?

Also does the server have to be a standalone server or can you utilise an existing server with other applications on it?

I have a customer who I am installing CUBB-ATT for and they only have 100 members of staff. It seems overkill to have a server and two PC's for two receptionists.

Thanks,

Stafford

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From what I gather, it must be Server 2003. If its not in the notes to be VMwared, then it has to be a box.

Now, I have heard this done, but its not supported.

At the AC desktop, run VMware 2003 virtual machine, load the ARC software (or whatever) then the client on the desktop. There you go. One machine. Only problem is that if that machine is down, no calls to Console.

As for co-resident, did you mean on another server? Im sure it could, but if AC is important to the customer, keep it separate.

We have this running under VMware ESXI.

roger...

You need to check your preconfigured apps on the host properties. Go to Security Profile under software setting to see if the firewall ports have been blocked.

roger....