We're having severe issues with our SRW248G4's
1. Web interface is extremely flaky, often failing to completely load and requiring a refresh to finish
2. Web interface is IE5.5 to 7 not IE8 or a useful browser (Firefox), It did work in IE8 with firmware 1.2.1b but upgrading to the latest 1.2.2b breaks IE8 support.
3. The CLI doesn't give access to all the available options - if it did the none-working web interface wouldn't be an issue.
4. No checking on correct firmware type - managed to instal the 1.2.2a firmware which faulted and required transferring 1.2.2b over XMODEM
5. Two ports have their link lights stuck on - even through a reboot and nothing plugged into them.
6. Ports seem to be flaky, sometimes dropping out - our NMS is picking up lots of hosts which disappear then reappear within seconds on a network which isn't very busy.
Basically, from somthing pitched at a small business class device, this is pathetic. I had expected better.
If i were advising another small business who couldn't afford proper Cisco kit, i'd say go for netgear or similar.
Cisco, either ditch this crappy Linksys product line or fix it's faults!