cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1/ more that files .lic that usual.

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, dears all,

I have retreived the license files from an installation .

There is 3 other files, surely, corresponding of the database licenses.

Unfortunatly, there are not readable .

Do you have an idea ?

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the database licenses must NOT go into NMSROOT/etc/licenses. If someone moved them there, that was wrong. They need to live under NMSROOT/objects/db (the specific path will depend on Windows vs. Solaris).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What files? From whom did you receive them? What are you trying to do with them? All of the *.lic files under NMSROOT/etc/licenses are LMS licenses, and they are in ASCII text.

Hello, the end-user has scheduled to upgrade to LMS 3.2 in a next future. We are wondering together what were theses files.

You can see them in the attachements that i have posted (I beleived that theses 3 last files are for databases , but i would like to be sure) I didn't see them by the past .

I think that it's in relation with the fact the ODBC has been opened in 3.2

Thanks

that is correct the last 3 files are the license files from Sybase SQL Anywhere:

dbeng10.lic SQL Anywhere personal database server (dbeng10)

dbsrv10.lic SQL Anywhere network database server (dbsrv10)

mlsrv10.lic MobiLink server (mlsrv10)

They are not human readible and are used by the dblic tool.

I am wondering about the location of these files...

I checked the location for these files on a fresh LMS 3.2 installation (Win2k8) (- no update-) and they reside in NMSROOT\objects\db\win32 and not in NMSROOT\etc\licenses.

Do you know how these files did go into this directory?

Yes, the database licenses must NOT go into NMSROOT/etc/licenses. If someone moved them there, that was wrong. They need to live under NMSROOT/objects/db (the specific path will depend on Windows vs. Solaris).

I don't think that theses files were moved into this location.This install is a LMS 3.1.

I take some informations from my end-user

and i will post it under the forum.

Thanks.

Thanks Joe, I get my answer now. Theses files should not arrive under the

/licences directory.

When, an upgrade has done does they need to reinject into a fresh install too , in a LMS 3.2 ? I read in the user guide of administration of LMS 3.2, that restore of database has taken part of the initial size of the previous one ( in this case , the 3.1 files)

Richard

If they restore a previous LMS 3.x backup into 3.2, the license files will be migrated automatically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: