cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1/ more that files .lic that usual.

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, dears all,

I have retreived the license files from an installation .

There is 3 other files, surely, corresponding of the database licenses.

Unfortunatly, there are not readable .

Do you have an idea ?

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the database licenses must NOT go into NMSROOT/etc/licenses. If someone moved them there, that was wrong. They need to live under NMSROOT/objects/db (the specific path will depend on Windows vs. Solaris).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What files? From whom did you receive them? What are you trying to do with them? All of the *.lic files under NMSROOT/etc/licenses are LMS licenses, and they are in ASCII text.

Hello, the end-user has scheduled to upgrade to LMS 3.2 in a next future. We are wondering together what were theses files.

You can see them in the attachements that i have posted (I beleived that theses 3 last files are for databases , but i would like to be sure) I didn't see them by the past .

I think that it's in relation with the fact the ODBC has been opened in 3.2

Thanks

that is correct the last 3 files are the license files from Sybase SQL Anywhere:

dbeng10.lic SQL Anywhere personal database server (dbeng10)

dbsrv10.lic SQL Anywhere network database server (dbsrv10)

mlsrv10.lic MobiLink server (mlsrv10)

They are not human readible and are used by the dblic tool.

I am wondering about the location of these files...

I checked the location for these files on a fresh LMS 3.2 installation (Win2k8) (- no update-) and they reside in NMSROOT\objects\db\win32 and not in NMSROOT\etc\licenses.

Do you know how these files did go into this directory?

Yes, the database licenses must NOT go into NMSROOT/etc/licenses. If someone moved them there, that was wrong. They need to live under NMSROOT/objects/db (the specific path will depend on Windows vs. Solaris).

I don't think that theses files were moved into this location.This install is a LMS 3.1.

I take some informations from my end-user

and i will post it under the forum.

Thanks.

Thanks Joe, I get my answer now. Theses files should not arrive under the

/licences directory.

When, an upgrade has done does they need to reinject into a fresh install too , in a LMS 3.2 ? I read in the user guide of administration of LMS 3.2, that restore of database has taken part of the initial size of the previous one ( in this case , the 3.1 files)

Richard

If they restore a previous LMS 3.x backup into 3.2, the license files will be migrated automatically.